SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Crossrock 4 4 Full Size Violin Case ABS Molded Backpack Style in Grey CRA400VFGR Zippered ovcaxd3491-New toy
- Bamboo Builder Marble Run - 127pc
- Cuff-Daddy Reclaimed Recycled Wood Cufflinks with Presentation Box
- Magnifying Glass - High Magnification Desktop Magnifier LED With Light HD Elderly Reading Beauty Repair Table Mobile Phone Repair Desk Lamp Super Lens Micro-engraving Welding Inspection Workbench - Ma
- Malifaux Arcanists Claw and Fang by Wyrd Miniatures
- Core-RC Speedstar 1 12 - White (CRA001)
- Chatons of Swarovski Elements PP28 (Amethyst), 1440 Pieces (10 Gross)
- Moslion Panda Throw Blanket Sketch Cute Black White Animal Bear Pandas Crawl in Zoo Bamboo Blanket Home Decorative Flannel Warm Travel Blankets 50x60 Inch for Couch Bed
- Close up Pad, Standard - bluee
- Disney Parks Little Mermaid Bath Toys Set of 4 - Disney Parks Exclusive & Limited Availability
- Babies R Us Premium Stroller Weather Shield
- KAPLA Case 1000 Stones Pieces With bluee Book
- CAOYUSmall stool Solid wood shoes bench, simple small stool, shoes, bench, cloth, fabric, living room, footstool, sofa stool (color B, Size 33X90CM)
- Generic 4pcs Set 1306 Brushless Motor 3200KV 4100kv 1306 Motor Brushless Drone Motors CWfor QAV130 150 180 Quadcopter 4CW 1306 3200kv
- Arrma Chassis Aluminum SWB Silver bluee Typhon Vehicle
- WXFO Anime model Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Gift Decoration Birthday Gift 27.5CM
- Craft Accents I3562 Diamond Trolley Craft Quilting Storage Case, Silver
- HBWJSH Ladder Fire Truck Car Model Simulation Alloy Toy Car
- Adeept BBC Micro bit Sensor Starter Kit Microbit Programmable Starter Kit for Micro bit with 35 Projects Tutorial Book(PDF) Micro bit and Expansion Board Included
- Megahouse One Piece Portrait Of Pirates Nami Bathing Beauties 03 Ltd Splash Version Pvc Vinyl Figure
- Ledu Remote drone aircraft six-axis gyroscope remote control throwing glider inertia 2.4 G EPP foam 3CH aircraft aviation toy
- LICCC Deadly Guardian Black Venom Slaughter Venom Spiderman Movable Doll Model Statue
- Detective Conan premium bath towels Amuro Akai set of 2
- Huijunwenti Plush Toys, Soft Pig Pillows, Stuffed Pig Stuffed Animals - The Latest Baby, Boy, Girl Toys - Great Nursery, Room Decoration ( color bluee , Size 24 inches )
- MACH 5 Race CAR with Jump Jacks Hot Wheels SPEED RACER 1 64 Scale Movie Vehicle
- The Wright Flyer 1903 - Brass Model Airplane Kit (1 72) Scale
- ALIREA American Football Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys Girls
- Full Square Drill 5D DIY Diamond Painting Peonies Flower Picture Embroidery Cross Stitch Craft Kit Wall Home Hanging Decor
- HMdy88PT Lighthouse Anxiety Weighted Blanket for Adults Marine Silhouettes Compass Ships and Steering Wheel Nautical Arrangement
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn