SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Generic Mini 158pcs Magnetic Construction Models Building Blocks Toys DIY 3D Magnetic Learning Educational Bricks Kids Toys BD rhbpqn1040-New toy
- PlayGo My Food Collection Playset
- PEANUTS Snoopy happy dance canvas mini caramel pouch
- Soul of Chogokin King Joe Black
- Bookshelf Solid Wood Storage Organizer Shelf, Utility Flower Stand Decor Display Rack, for Bed Room Bathroom Living Room Kitchen
- Privacy Window No Adhesive Decorative Window Sticker, Removable Self-Sticking Window Privacy Film,for Decor Bathroom Kids Room Sliding Door Office Kitchen,60(23.62in)100(39.37in) cm
- Pattern09 W55 x L63 Beihai1Sun Llama Insulating Darkening Curtains Cute Llama Pattern with Abstract color Palette Cartoon Character Design Pink Animal Curtain for Kids Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii Kamen Rider Blade Jack Form
- White Black & gold 70th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- Crawfish Lobster Beads (12 Count)
- Generic Radiolink F110 Mini Drone Quadcopter CS360 FC R6DSM RX BNF Headless 360degree Throw Fly BNF w Camera
- Ariat Mens Cascade 8 inch Western Work 11.5 D Medium(Width) Alamo Brown
- Metal Slug 4 - Fiolina Germi 1 8 Scale Pre-Painted Figure
- Kangaroo Adults XL Animal Adults Onesie Kigurumi Costumes
- Rue Paris 2000 Piece Puzzle by ChamberArt
- Irregular Geometric Printing Sofa Cover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Couch Cover Stretch Corner Slipcovers for Living Room color 8, 4seater 235-300cm
- (Navy) - Flash Furniture Lexington Upholstered Twin Size Headboard with Decorative Nail Trim in Navy Fabric
- Schleich Petting Zoo Scenery Pack
- Hkp Marvel Action Figure The Amazing Spider Man Figure PVC Action Figures Collectible Model 17cm
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R Super Famicom (Super NES Japanese Import)
- Antique Tea set Vintage Tea Set Tea Cup Miniature Pot Cup DollsHouse Collection Porcelain 1set
- Jewelry Storage Box Accessories for Necklace Jewelry Earring Makeup Organizer Container Box Rangement,13x7.5x7.5cm,Pink
- Disney Winnie the basic stuffed bear S (japan import)
- Farmerly Floral Geometric Print Spandex Stretch Sofa Cover Slipcovers Elastic All-Inclusive Sectional Couch Case Cover for Living Room 10, Four-Seater
- White 2 Battery elegantstunning ZL-RC Beast SG906 GPS 5G WiFi FPV with 4K Ultra Clear Camera Brushless Selfie Foldable RC Drone Quadcopter RTF White
- Easels Kids Double Sided Adjustable Standing Drawing Graffiti Board Magnetic Bracket Blackboard
- KXBYMX Change shoe bench, fabric fashion round stool, home sofa stool, modern minimalist stool - home stool
- Build a Dream Playhouses 141204 Cosmic Cruiser by Build a Dream Playhouses
- Dragon Ball Z super structure Collection ‘´ V six whole set of 2 (trunks Tenshinhan)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn